Niecy- D "Pioneer of Superwomen DJ's!"


Can I get a ( wip...wiza'...zza'....whip'...whip.... this'scratch... and a hit me!) Niecy-D!

Yes!  and Yes again. Today's class will focus on the self perfection and story of a Mega-Love Warrior-Pioneer-"DJ' Queen Niecy- D," or as I used to call her "Miss Spinnfabulous."

Niecy -D, got her start by carefully watching the back and forth hand play, the spin-backs, and still keeping the beat, of older DJ's at parties she would attend growing up. She was getting hooked on her future-"Niecy" and was working on being Nicey-D... every move that was made was etched on her "DJ' Blue Print" driving her to her now thriving business.

Before long, Niecy had her own equipment and began practicing " All of the Time."  In her written interview, She said: " There was always a party at my Crib." She goes on to talk about forming her own all female crew called "Brown Sugar Crew"  this is when she started officially working as a DJ.

One of her friends father, booked events at the local "Elks Club" and others spots; he hired Niecy-D, she had her own equipment- records- turntable and all. That was 'unheard of' for even some of the guy's at that time. She remembers doing private parties for Dr. J (Julies Irving), opening for the S.O.S BAND after party...LOL she said "I was working." I can even recall her spinning at the Roosevelt Roller Rink. She was the only female DJ for a while, she states "no other Chick's...I was the first!"  and she said; "I have never stopped." 

When she was asked, How do you see yourself? she replied: "The only honest way I can answer is by an example or description used by Kevin Costner, when he spoke at Whitney Houstons funeral; He mentioned how she never felt good enough. Well, I totally understood the feeling. I'm my worst critic & very hard on myself. I know I can spin. I know I can Mix & scratch and all that fun stuff. I get great response to my work, but I am always nervous  before I spin and I am always thinking, what could I have done better. So I guess I can say, I see myself as a continuous work in progress lol smh..."

At this point in time, Niecy- D, is getting familiar with her continuing path. She is getting to the point of self realization that many people overlook in reaching their goals. To quote: " DJ Niecy- D, is heading overseas, the goal, to take the brand to the Bahamas, Japan, and Africa"--straight up global DJ business. She has been in extensive discussions to properly package and market the soon to come unveiling and appearances and the bookings. 

Niecy- D, is currently a mix Deejay at WCFB-FM Star 94.5, she has a series of mixed CD's, a merchandise brand and a surprise documentary being prepared about her.  The filming is already underway; part of it has taken place at the studio of Chuck D (Lead voice for Public Enemy). She is feeling very blessed and fortunate to still be doing something she truly LOVES'... So keep your head up and your eye's open overseas and in-land cause Niecy- D is coming at cha' top shelf style!

For Bookings: (646) 820.7495

Niecy- D's page
Facebook
Twitter
datpiff
Soundcloud
Myspace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought on Working From Home ( the serious editions)

Knowing where the spiritual leaders lives have been embellished

Sound Healing and Religion