Riyen Roots & The Family Tree Band "Soul Man Blues Power Baby"


"On stage tonight, Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a current-future- Blues to the Bone- no Holds Barred, catch ya' on the dance floor shaking you booty off, Blues Man. So surf the vibe and enjoy the Blues Power!"

The Blues has the power to move you in every way you can imagine.  Baby...sitting in your living room, feeling sorry about yourself ha...ha...ha put yourself some Bonnie Raitt, Etta James, BB King, Keb Mo', Alvin Youngblood Hart or Riyen Roots & The Family Tree Band on, and let go! Riyen Roots has a "Man-Full-Strong" voice that comes from singing from balls to bones. I can think of only three other male singers who make me feel like I feel listening to Riyen Roots & the Family Tree Band. BB King, Alvin Youngblood Hart, and Keb Mo'. If you listen closely, you can hear the boats paddling up to the Bayou Bar, and the steady Rhythmic Blues of the RR&TFTB playing in the background.

In my written interview with Riyen, I asked questions, that I thought would bring "The Band" closer to the world, but I realized my words are only the tip of the "Blues burg" so without further adieu' our interview!

Aunt Kitty: Hard times will build the Blues Man/ Woman into “Who they are." How has the Blues transformed you?

Riyen Roots: ”My life and experiences have made me the man and artist I am today. I am thankful for every good time and hard time I have had. I feel it rounds out one's personality to have experienced every facet of emotion. I like to say "pressure makes Diamonds," and there are many Diamonds in the rough just waiting to be discovered out there! Riyen even states that every creature from Frog to Man has the Blues sometimes. He continues to talk a little more about it: " I believe in the concept of suffering allowing the soul to empathize with every being that suffers. I tend to hyper-empathize with others because I have been through so much for my humble age of 34, I have experienced more loss and suffering then most my age and I like to say it all " keeps my blues authentic." Believe me...I have paid my dues to play the blues..."

Aunt Kitty:  What would you say to the youngsters out there who find the Blues moving and wish to perform?

Riyen Roots:  "I say the Blues community is like an extended family. If you keep it real, play for the right reasons, and honor the traditions of those who came before us and gave their lives to create this path called the Blues.  You will find you are in the very best of company. I have a quote I often use about my music, which I have committed to memory: My music is for my people. I say it and play it how I feel it. I will not play it at all if I am not feeling it. Take or leave it that's how I do my thing. These Blues are my life; it’s not fame and fortune. This is about the struggle of a man’s very soul put to music. So it's very serious..." ”You get out what you put in, keep it real, know your history, and give it 100%... You'll do just fine."

Aunt Kitty:  Riyen, How did you come about finding your Blues Voice?

Riyen Roots: "My Mother told me to "always sing like a man" and the only folks I found on recordings singing like men, with deep booming voices, were old school Blues and R&B singers and some country artists she'd listen to. I knew at a very young I was born to sing, and the Blues allows me to sing like a man and express my real feelings. The Blues is where it's at for me."

Just to put my 2 pennies in. I really love male singers who have a great background and knowledge of music baby! I have a vast appreciation for singers who have an eclectic background in music; as the interview went on Riyen, spoke about his favorite artists, and some of the artists people have likened him to.  People like: Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix, Tom Waits and Howlin' Wolf to Muddy Waters and Otis Redding. He grew up listening to all of this and more; The Temptations, The Drifters, The Coasters, and Ray Charles to Willie Nelson and Hank Williams. Quote: ”All these artists seemed to know what it was like to be a man, and how to best express this to the masses. I find my voice to be a unique result of trying to sing with the best."


Aunt Kitty:  Riyen, talk a little about your experiences doing shows in Asheville!

Riyen Roots:  ”I love playing in Asheville. I live here and so does everyone in my band. We are, loved by many here and we love them. It's always a good time playing around town for our neighbors, friends, family and fans. This town has so many talented artists in every medium and musical genre; I wrote a song called “Living in Asheville" about how living here is like nowhere else."


RR &TFTB has been together playing for about three months, but he has known them all for years. He said, they all have a mutual love for great Blues music, and it shows. Quote: " I am very happy to have the opportunity to make music with people I am already so close to from years of casual friendship and jamming. I love these guy’s to death and playing with them is so much fun. The audience knows we love it an they end up loving it too. I look forward to a long journey with my musical family."  I have much more wonderful powerful statements and testimonies from Riyen, about how much this music and performing it brings out the power of his Soul.

I am gonna’ have to make y'all wait..I am gonna’ have to make y'all wait...I am gonna’ have to make y'all wait! We are going to ask this wonderful, Blues-Man, to join us on Intrinsic Communication Radio to continue with the rest of this interview. Before I go, I would like to say this, when you find your calling and that calling actually reaches in, touching others around you and fills the cup they’ve been carrying around, needing some kind of salve...baby... 'you better plant dem' feet solid'. Bring in your love and your Blues Power' Riyen Roots & The Family Tree Band...we are waiting for some musical healing!


You can find RR&TFTB's music, tour dates, pic's and all things Roots at: http://www.riyenroots.com/

MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/riyenroots

Twitter
http://twitter.com/RiYeNRoOtS

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/riyenrootsmusic







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought on Working From Home ( the serious editions)

Knowing where the spiritual leaders lives have been embellished

Sound Healing and Religion