A little about my Journey as a Healer

This post will be a first in a series of posts to help people on their healing journey.

Let me begin by telling you a little about myself. My name is Aleatra. I hail from a small port town in Long Island, NY. It was full of wonderful summers and strong winters, Pow wows at Shenicock, and beach gatherings all summer long. The things I remember about my youth are Family and backyard cook-outs, Music and dancing and plenty of Church.

Throughout my youth I always KNEW that there was something (not the same) about me.
While other kids played, I wanted to learn about Egypt, the pyramids, the gods, and all the stories I could gather- from EVERY culture. And somehow, I always ended up alone in the library, in a cubical, reading and dreaming. My thoughts drifted all the time, to things like Art, Music, Dance, and why people became ill.

You could say my training with illness, and how to cure or avoid it, started young. I always had a head cold, ear problems, or I was low in iron. I suffered massive growing spurts- which left me drained- but still active somehow. But alas, I still had questions…many…many…questions.

Around my 18th birthday, I suffered massive kidney failure, which was the second time I had a problem, but this time my temp reached 105 exactly. In the hospital, I was packed in ice, I had needles sticking from every part of my body, machines beeping in my ears, and all the while my Doctor was trying to get me to sign papers to remove at least one of my kidneys. At this point I was not willing to part with any part of my body so I said “ Hey, I was BORN with TWO, and I will LIVE a long happy life with TWO! Thanks, but no thanks, doc!”

I ended up in a room with an older Russian gentlemen, who looked at me, and with the most sincere heart, said, “ Go, and get some paper,” so I did.

He continued to tell me about foods and herbs that would cleanse my kidneys and my liver. Like taking honey, chopping up cabbage, and mixing a little garlic and onion with it, and letting it sit for a little while. Then, consume two spoonfuls a day.  In return, I gave him tips on how to increase his strength and flexibility, and workouts to strengthen his heart.


This information sent me to shops all over New York City, and Brooklyn, looking for herbs, foods, utensils and books. All the things on this wonderful elder's list. While I already knew about stones, (because my Dad would always bring me one or two from this shop or that one in NY) and I already knew about moon tides and growing food, I had no idea the power and healing abilities they gave us.

Every book was an opening to another group of traditions and encounters with what I know now to be: Healers, Wise Women, and Shaman. All hailing from various places like: Africa, Asia, Russia, India, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Ireland, Japan and the upper Northern States, and Southern States. Many Native Healers would aid me with healing knowledge and spiritual support.

 
I suffered two more major illnesses that almost killed me, and with the constant support of my Earth Angels and my Angels in Heaven, I WAS GUIDED TO LEARN MORE, AND HEAL, AND SHARE. 

In my late 20s I learned the power of Nature itself, and the power of my VOICE. I learned singing could heal people in a different way, but just as much as any herb. I learned prayers, mantras, and meditations I had never knew existed, and how they could heal the Body, Mind, and Spirit.

I tell you all of this to bring you closer to me, as I provide tools to help you understand how important knowing your body, knowing your environment, and knowing your Spirit truly is. How understanding the power at the seat of your soul, and how it connects to everything around you, From plants to people to the air you breathe and the water you drink.

All the healing modalities and prayers and herbs I talk about will be from what I have learned and all the knew knowledge I am currently drinking in from my teacher. I Love all of you!

May this journey heal you, heal me, and heal every personal environment we touch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought on Working From Home ( the serious editions)

Knowing where the spiritual leaders lives have been embellished

Sound Healing and Religion